2018 MCA Awards of Excellence GalaJanuary 31, 2018
5:30p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Minneapolis Marriott West
9960 Wayzata Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55426
Registration Deadline is January 17, 2018.
Please note: All attendees must register in advance; onsite registration will not be available for this event.
|By January 17, 2018||Registrations may be accepted after January 17, 2018 on a space available basis at the increased rates.|
|MCA Members - Individual||$90/member||$110/member|
|Non-Members - Individual||$100/non-member||$120/non-member|
|Table for Four (4)||$360/half-table||$440/half-table|
|Table for Eight (8)||$720/table||$880/table|
MCA Awards of Excellence Sponsorship OpportunitiesYou can help make the Annual Awards Gala a night to remember by becoming a sponsor!
Sponsorship opportunities include:
- Event Sponsors - $750
- Dinner Sponsors - $550
- Reception Sponsors - $350
- Dessert Sponsors - $250
MCA Project Excellence AwardsNominations will be accepted from MCA Members in good standing during 2017 and 2018. Contractors and Subcontractors/Specialty Contractors are invited to nominate a project completed between 2015 and 2017. The project must be substantially completed when nominated.
Early bird entry fee is $250 if submitted on or before November 17, 2017. Entry fee is $350 if submitted November 18 – December 11, 2017.
All entries must be fully submitted and paid by December 11, 2017 to be judged.
Nominations can be submitted for a project in each of the following categories:
- New Project Total Value Under $15 Million. Excludes design fees, development costs and land.
- New Project Total Value Over $15 Million. Excludes design fees, development costs and land.
- Renovation, Expansion or Tenant Improvement Project. Includes any modifications to an existing structure or building.
- Government Construction Project. Includes public schools, local, state and federally funded projects.
- Green/Sustainable Project. Conditions to be considered will include sites issues, water efficiency, energy reduction & effects on the atmosphere, materials & resources use, reuse of onsite materials & reduction including building reuse, indoor environment efficient use of utilities and green building cost benefit to the owner.
- Research, Innovation or Use of Technology. Construction “means and methods”, processes or studies that advance or improve the construction industry.
- Subcontractor/Specialty Contractor Project. Includes subcontractor or specialty work of any size or cost.
Online Project Excellence Award Nomination Form
MCA Choice AwardThe MCA Awards of Excellence committee is always searching for the best and most challenging projects in the Midwest to consider for the MCA Choice Award. The MCA Choice Award is unique as it is not a nominated award or a people's choice award. A panel of MCA members seek out challenging projects completed by MCA member companies and select the project they feel is the most deserving.
The award is presented to a project that was constructed through:
- Resourceful blending or construction techniques and professionals.
- Evokes positive ideals through community service or historical preservation
- Showcases a truly professional team effort
- Spearheaded by strong leadership
- Unique or visionary in design, stands out aesthetically
- Achieved through an innovative blending of progressive business and financial methods
- Involved creative use of materials
- Utilized public and private involvement and cooperation
- Completed safely with minimal injuries
The panel is currently considering candidate projects for the MCA Choice Award to be announced at the 2017 Awards of Excellence. If you are aware of a project that might qualify for the MCA Choice Award (even if you have not been involved in the project), please email firstname.lastname@example.org by October 6, 2017 with the following information:
- Project name and location
- The Developer, Builder, and/or Owner
- Your Contact Information (including phone and email)
MCA Member of the YearPlease consider nominating a fellow MCA member for the Member of the Year award! We are looking for a member candidate who meets the following criteria:
- Demonstrates a commitment to MCA and its growth
- Is active in MCA
- Has contributed to the success of ongoing or recently completed construction projects
Please click here to complete the online nomination form by Monday, December 4, 2017.