Add to Calendar
April 21, 2017 @ 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM
US Bank Stadium
- Dean Hyers with SagePresence will speak on Winning Presence for Business Development: Making the Most of Every Opportunity
- Liz Weatherhead will speak on Four Easy Steps to Conflict Resolution
MCA Thanks Our Generous Event Sponsors
- Job Interview Competition Sponsor
- Rauenhorst Recruiting Company
- The Pursuit Competition Sponsor
- Ryan Companies
- Pecha Kucha Competition Sponsor
- Wells Concrete
- Event Speaker Sponsor
- Kraus-Anderson Construction Company
- Venue Gold Sponsor
- Doran Construction
- Venue Silver Sponsor
- Associated General Contractors (AGC)
- Rochon Corporation
- Event Food Silver Sponsor
- Minnesota Builders Exchange
- Event Food Bronze Sponsor
- US Bank Stadium, 401 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55415
- The closest parking ramp is the Mills Fleet Farm ramp.
- The closest entry to the MCA event will be through the Legacy Gate (there will be signs outside the door so you know where to enter).
- Click here for a map.
- Please be prepared - all guests are subject to a bag check and security will be at the door checking you in.
Registration Fees:Online registration is closed for this event. If you would like to attend, you may register onsite.
- MCA Member: $100 if you register by Tuesday, April 18; $125 for onsite registration
- Non-Member: $135 if you register by Tuesday, April 18; $160 for onsite registration
- *Note – Online pre-registration will be available until Tuesday, April 18; register by that date to save $25.
Leadership Academy Schedule7:30 am – 8:00 am - Check-in 8:00 am – 9:15 am – Speaker #1 - Liz Weatherhead 9:15 am – 9:30 am – Break/Networking 9:30 am – 10:45 am – Speaker #2 - Dean Hyers 10:45 am – 11:00 am – Break/Networking 11:00 am – 11:45 pm – Lunch 11:45 am – 12:45 pm – Panel Discussion on Leadership – Paul Kolias - Doran Construction, Mark Liska – Adolfson & Peterson Construction and Frank P. Grazzini – Carciofini 1:00 pm – Tours of US Bank Stadium
Construct*ium Pentathlon Schedule7:30 am – 8:00 am - Check-in 8:00 am – 11:00 am – Student Competitions 11:00 am – 11:45 pm – Lunch 11:45 am – 12:45 pm – Panel Discussion on Leadership – Paul Kolias - Doran Construction, Mark Liska – Adolfson & Peterson Construction and Frank P. Grazzini – Carciofini 1:00 pm – Tours of US Bank Stadium
Session Descriptions:Winning Presence for Business Development: Making the Most of Every Opportunity Dean Hyers (SagePresence) We all experience them – those “in the spotlight” moments where success or failure seems to be riding entirely on what we say and do right now. We might be networking to meet prospects, leading business development conversations to learn about future opportunities, or presenting inside of new business interviews. Or, we might be looking to convince our team to step up their business development game. We feel the pressure of these moments, and don't know how to consistently handle them with confidence and effectiveness. In this game-changing Q&A session, Dean Hyers and Pete Machalek of SagePresence address this challenge from their unique vantage as filmmakers who specialize in helping professionals deliver optimal performance in high-pressure scenarios. Come prepared to talk about the business development situations you deal with the most and have the most questions about. Dean and Pete will take your questions and respond to them in the moment, providing nuggets of value that you can immediately implement and benefit from. You will walk away from this session with a new understanding of how you can consistently pilot the moments that historically have challenged you the most, to produce the results you are looking to generate with anyone you are speaking to. Four Easy Steps to Conflict Resolution Liz Weatherhead In this power-packed workshop, you will leave with a simple four-part tool in your back pocket to resolve those difficult conversations with clients, team members and supervisors. There are four basic questions that must be answered for situations to be concluded to the satisfaction of all parties and to move the issue forward. This tool is versatile enough for a two-minute conversation or a twenty-minute dispute. Leave this workshop ready to tackle your next dialog.
- Job Interview Competition Sponsor - $2,500 - SOLD
- The Pursuit Competition Sponsor - $2500 - SOLD
- Toastmaster Competition Sponsor - $2,500
- Pecha Kucha Competition Sponsor - $2,500
- Negotiation Competition Sponsor - $2,500
- Event Speaker Sponsor - $2,500
- Venue Platinum Sponsor - $2,000
- Venue Gold Sponsor - $1,000
- Venue Silver Sponsor - $500
- Event Food Platinum Sponsor - $2,000
- Event Food Gold Sponsor - $1000
- Event Food Silver Sponsor - $500
- Your company name will be displayed on printed signs, in the printed program and announced during the presentations.
- Recognition in MCA’s Construction Views Newsletter and inclusion in all promotions.
- Leadership Academy Sponsors will receive one ad in MCA’s Construction Views Newsletter based on Sponsorship level:
- Event Speaker, Job Interview, The Pursuit, Toastmaster, Pecha Kucha and Negotiation Sponsors – One full-page ad
- Venue Platinum, Event Food Platinum Sponsors – 1/2-page ad
- Venue Gold, Event Food Gold Sponsors – 1/3-page ad
- Venue Silver, Event Food Silver Sponsors – One 1/4 -page ad
- Recognition on MCA and Construct*ium websites for the next generation of Construction Industry professionals- Proceeds from the event will help fund student outreach and educational development